A dazzling white smile can make anyone look instantly younger and more attractive, creating an improved self-image and ensuring a better mood. With a brighter smile, you can make a good impression and studies even show that smiles are contagious, encouraging other people to smile back at you. It’s no wonder that teeth whitening kits are popping up everywhere, and that buying one can be as easy as including it in your groceries. But how effective are they? And do home teeth whitening kits damage your teeth?
DIY Teeth Whitening Kits
The aesthetic and anti-ageing benefits of whiter teeth have helped to grow the popularity of teeth whitening. Today, a selection of different DIY kits to whiten your teeth can be easily purchased at malls, pharmacies, beauty clinics, supermarkets, and even online. However, these one-size-fits-all products might be doing more harm than good to your smile and your mouth.
Auckland Dental Care Take Home Teeth Whitening
Take home teeth whitening is an alternative service to professional power bleaching done in-practice. Though the in-practice teeth whitening process offers faster and more impressive results, some opt for the take home whitening service for reduced sensitivity during the process.
Like over-the-counter DIY kits, these have been designed to be conveniently completed in the comfort of your home. But the similarity ends there. The difference between DIY kits and a dentist-supervised take home whitening process include:
- Snug-fitting transparent mouth trays. Impressions of your upper and lower teeth are taken by your Auckland dental care professional. And the mouth trays are custom-made according to your set of teeth.
- Professional-grade products. The syringes of teeth bleaching gel provided are specially formulated for optimal results while adhering to oral safety standards.
- Qualified and efficient monitoring. A visit to your dental care clinic is required for monitoring of the teeth whitening progress. And changes in the process can be implemented accordingly for you to achieve the the sparkling white smile you desire. But sometimes teeth do not whiten when staining is due to defective enamel, or antibiotic staining.
Do Home Teeth Whitening Kits Damage Your Teeth?
Teeth bleaching was once a procedure only professional and medical licensed dentists do. It’s increasing popularity, however, drove the wide availability of cheaper DIY teeth whitening kits that are incredibly easy to purchase. If you are thinking of getting one yourself, you have to be very careful. What can save you a few dollars might cost you a lot more. Here are the dangers of whitening teeth at home, unsupervised:
- To boost effectiveness, most of these OTC teeth whitening kits contain very high acidity of bleach which can harm the teeth and strip gums.
- To better remove teeth stains, some products are very abrasive and remove enamel layers that protect your teeth from decay.
- These pose high risk of gum recession, mouth infections, toothache, and even tooth nerve damage.
- Alongside the drastic oral problems, these DIY teeth bleaching products may also be non-effective, fake, and even result in patchy white spots on the tooth.
Brighten Your Smile with Auckland Dentist Take Home Teeth Whitening
If you are looking for the best and long-lasting teeth bleaching results that ensure your mouth is safe, book your appointment with Caring 4 Smiles Dental Group. Our teeth whitening services will bring out a whiter, more youthful smile. Our procedures are performed and administered by our Cosmetic Dentists. As professionals, we know that no two sets of teeth are the same. To guarantee even and optimal whitening of teeth, our caring clinical team examines each patient for signs of decay or unusual enamel chemistry.
Wear that flashing smile and keep teeth white longer with Caring 4 Smiles Dental Group!
Learn more about our teeth whitening services.