Dentures are artificial teeth that replace missing teeth, crafted from various materials such as acrylic, porcelain, and metal. Dentures classify as full or partial, depending on the number of teeth needing replacement. Full dentures are designed to replace all the teeth in either the upper or lower jaw, held in place through suction or the assistance of an oral adhesive. On the other hand, partial dentures are used to replace some teeth in the jaw and are secured either by attachments to the remaining teeth or through suction. Dentures restore the teeth’s capability to chew food, enable clear speech, and enhance overall appearance. Additionally, dentures can help improve self-confidence and facilitate better social interactions.
When evaluating the cost of dentures, it’s important to consider any additional procedures that may be required, such as tooth extractions or bone grafting. These procedures can significantly impact the overall cost of dentures. If you are contemplating getting dentures, you must talk with your dentist about your specific requirements and financial considerations. Your dentist can assist you in selecting the most suitable denture type for your needs and provide insight into the associated treatment costs.
5 Factors that Dictate Cost
Five major factors influence the total cost of dentures for people all around the world, including those in Auckland:
- Denture type. Full dentures generally carry a higher price tag compared to partial dentures.
- Material selection. Acrylic dentures are typically more affordable than porcelain dentures.
- Degree of customization. Custom-made dentures are more costly than pre-made options.
- Location of the dental practice. Urban areas tend to have higher denture costs compared to rural areas.
- Dentist’s fees. Dentist charges can vary depending on their expertise and practice location.
When comparing implant-supported dentures to traditional dentures, consider the following factors:
- Non-surgical procedure. Traditional dentures do not require invasive surgery.
- Jaw structure changes. Traditional dentures may cause the jaw to deteriorate over time, potentially leading to a prematurely aged appearance.
- Stability and comfort. Implant-supported dentures offer increased stability and comfort.
- Realism. While modern traditional dentures are more realistic, they still cannot match the natural look of implant-supported restorations.
- Affordability. Traditional dentures are more affordable than implant-supported dentures.
- Natural feel. Dental implants provide a more natural sensation.
- Pre-existing bone loss. If you have experienced bone loss, a sinus lift or bone grafting may be necessary before dental implant surgery.
Unfortunately, it’s only possible to give an accurate quote regarding the total cost by knowing each case’s specifics. Each patient is unique, with individual needs, dental histories, preferences, and budgets. To determine the best option for you, recommendations schedule a consultation with one of our dentists to discuss dentures.
Dentures Cost Without Insurance at Caring 4 Smiles
We take great pleasure in offering our patients a convenient payment solution for their healthcare needs. We have introduced a unique financing plan that allows you to receive the desired treatment at your convenience. With this plan, treatments costing $350 or more can be financed with 12 months of no payments and no interest charges. Applying for pre-approved financing is a simple process that can be completed directly on our website.
When you are ready to visit Caring 4 Smiles, contact us at 09-631-5416 or easily schedule your first appointment using our online booking system. With our advanced 3D imaging technology, we will create a custom denture set designed specifically for your oral condition and financial situation. Take a proactive step towards achieving the smile you truly deserve.