Dental Implants are the best substitutes for natural teeth offering you a permanent and secure solution for replacing one or more teeth.
Generally made from Titanium, Dental Implants are essentially a screw that is placed into the jaw at the surgical stage. Dental Implants take on the role of an anchor within the mouth, which is then used to fasten ‘crowns or false teeth’ into position. As the mouth heals, approximately two to six months after surgery, the bone and Implant begin to fuse together. Small posts are then attached to the Implants, which are used to anchor Crowns & Bridges or Dentures.
Need Dental Implants?
Call us on (09) 631 5416
Benefits of Dental Implants…
Dental Implants provide amazing stability for patients, aiding with biting pressure as well as reducing irritation and oral sores generally experienced by Denture wearers. Other benefits of Dental Implants include:
- Aesthetically pleasing – they look like real teeth.
- Functional – they act and feel like real teeth.
- Beneficial to your diet – you can eat and chew again without pain or irritation. Foods that were forbidden have now returned to the diet!
- Eliminate distasteful adhesives – There is no longer a need to use “glue” when your prosthesis is anchored to implants.
- Enjoy Your favourite foods – Implants can actually allow for the improved enjoyment of the textures and flavours of your favourite foods. With less plastic covering the roof of your mouth, you can enjoy natural flavours and sensations again.
- Maintains bone structure – Implants can help maintain your bone structure and support your facial tissues. They can reduce or eliminate bone atrophy, which causes “shrinkage” or facial cosmetic changes