Preventive Dental Care For Adults
Keeping your teeth for the rest of your life with minimal intervention and cost is our main philosophy.
Most adults don’t recognize that as they move through life, the chemistry of their mouth changes, and in many instances, beautiful Cosmetic Dentistry can crumble. An engaging fresh smile is a valuable personal feature, instantly creating a life-long impression.
Protect your beautiful smile with Preventive Dentistry
Preventive Dentistry aims to protect the cosmetic work in your mouth and reduce the required dental restorations over your lifetime. This process allows you to keep your beautiful, vibrant smile while still maintaining the healthy structure of your teeth and gums.
Mastering the art of good dental hygiene is a fundamental component of Preventive Dentistry. This will minimise your risk of developing tooth decay and Periodontal (Gum) disease. Our top brushing tips for healthy teeth are;
- Brush your teeth at least twice per day (after breakfast and after dinner).
- Brush with a soft round bristle toothbrush.
- Place your toothbrush where the gum meets the tooth, at a 45 degree angle (enabling you to clean under the gum line).
- Brush your gums very gently. The correct brushing motion is a circular massaging technique along the gum line rather than vigorous brushing back and forth. Vigorous brushing can injure your gums.
- Use a tongue scraper to clean your tongue which will remove additional bacteria and freshen your breath.
- Replace your toothbrush every three to four months or after an illness, whichever comes first.
- Use toothpaste with added fluoride for cavity protection.
If all of the above is far too complicated, and you would like to enrol in our PREVENTIVE program and be reassured that you will keep your Ferrari smile for life, give our practice manager a call on (09) 6315416or email us for a consultation.